camping & rates
Open horse camping is available daily between April 1 – Nov 15. Be sure to check our calendar for the holidays and special event weekends, as they often have fun activities, live music and optional meal packages available. All activities on special event weekends are strictly optional, you are not required to participate in anything. Also, weekend minimums apply during High Season and special events.
Horse Camping Hoosier National Forest
Open horse camping is available daily between March 29 – Nov 10. There is a two night minimum during High Season: April 17 – July 7 / Aug 30 – Oct 27. Optional meal packages may be available on those weekends. Check in 3pm/check out time 2pm; if you plan to arrive before noon, please pay for the night before so we can have your site and stalls ready for you.
All horse campsites are equipped with electrical 30 amp service and your own water spicket.
All campsites are 100 feet long X 25 feet wide. All horses MUST be stalled…horse stalls are at the back of your campsite so you are never more then 50 feet away from your horse’s stall. (We are not set up for high lining or tying out to horse trailers.) **Only 4 people per site, please.
- Four people and/or 4 stalls allowed per site. If more people or more stalls are needed, please rent another campsite to allow for more room for your camping group.
- One truck and trailer “camper unit” per campsite. A living quarters trailer, a tent and other camper trailers are “camping units.”
- A car or second horse trailer on campsites are only permitted if the second trailer is less then 14f t long and non-electrical.
- Leasing and sub-leasing of campsites is not permitted!
- No pens or corrals set up between campsites, cabins and stalls/ barn areas. All horses must go in stalls.
- Quiet Hour – 11:00 pm will be enforced. Drunken, disorderly conduct & loud parties will not be tolerated at MTR campground. Setting up camp is not permitted after quiet hour.
- If you can not get here (and get set up) before 11:00 pm, please wait until the next day.
No refunds on Camping Deposits.
Electric & Water Sites
$31 Special Event Weekends
|$60||Only 4 people per site & one camping unit|
|Stalls||$11||Only 4 stalls per site/cabin|
Only 4 people & 4 horses per cabin
One truck & trailer combo parked in front.
|Day Riding||$10/day||Stall not included|
|Tax: Add 7% sales tax (cabins require a 12% sales tax which includes tourism tax)|
Deposits are non-refundable, but may be transferred to another weekend if we are able to re-rent your site or cabin. Event weekends & Cabins are to be paid in full 30 days before your arrival. Failure to pay in full before arrival could result in your reservation being given to someone on the waiting list and your deposit will be rolled to another time.
Cancellations cannot be left on answering machines or sent in emails.
The Outpost Store is open every day through the summer and limited hours during the winter. Jeff and Kim are trail riders and are constantly looking for quality products to share with customers and friends.
You’ll love our new arena! This spacious 250 x 140 foot outdoor roping arena is a favorite attraction among our customers. Call or email us to check availability and rates for your next event!
The Activities/Dining Hall is open 24/7 to all MTR guests and is a great place for saddle clubs and other groups to gather for a meal or a meeting. Catered meals are only served on special event weekends.