Midwest Trail Ride is located just south of Bloomington Indiana along Hwy 446 and Hunters Creek Rd; in beautiful Southern Indiana’s Lawrence County. We are surrounded by the Hoosier National Forest with over 100 miles of trails to ride. We have 108 electric and water campsites, 13 cabins and 365 horse stalls. We are open every day from April – November for open daily camping, event weekends, group rides, and other special events.
OUR STORY & MISSION
We are Jeff and Kim Humphries, two former truck drivers from Indiana with a passion for horses, camping & trail riding. With a little training and education, we now make our living, in the horse camping world!
This all started because we had made many, road weary trips, to horse camps, only to arrive, to find our stalls or hitch rail areas in need of repair and cleaning. We always carried around a hammer and nails in our horse trailer for such times as we needed to make stalls safe for our horses.
We always said if we had the chance we could do it better! It happened during a time when we were looking for an opportunity to “come off the road” and into a different career where we could make a difference. With barely two nickels rubbing together and a whole lotta faith, we have made Midwest Trail Ride a destination for many to come for a little rest and relaxation. We do this full time, devoting our full attention to your vacation and recreation.
We want you to ride, rest and relax; let us do the work. Let us show you our little piece of heaven on the Hoosier National Forest in Indiana.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
- God’s greatest gift is silence and solitude, of our great national forests, from the back of a horse.
- A person should have someplace to go to sort out the stresses of everyday work life.
- Stare at a campfire long enough and things will begin to clear up.
- A campground should be quiet at night, even when full; and yes, even on band night.
- Campsites and stalls should be clean when you arrive.
- Restrooms, showers and other common areas should be clean when you arrive.
- Organization and starting things on time
- Giving back to our community
You’ll love our new arena! This spacious 250 x 140 foot outdoor roping arena is a favorite attraction among our customers. Call or email us to check availability and rates for your next event!
Want to gift someone the opportunity to experiece Midwest Trail Ride? We have gift cards available online in whatever amount you choose. Give them an experience they will never forget!